Monday, February 8, 2010

First Fertilization Report...

So 24 hours after egg retrieval the first Fert. Report is in....

* As of 2/8/10 @ 0845 *

20 eggs retrieved at ER
16 mature, and 3 that were "close"

17 fertilized normally after ICSI
2 look close to having a polar body so may catch up
and 1 nonviable.

This is my first time around, but the numbers look good to me and the nurse seemed to agree, so I am happy!
Now we just have to pray that they continue to divide normally and we are able to transfer a couple of perfect ones come Friday!

Last night was my dreaded first progesterone in oil (PIO) shot which I have heard horror stories about. 1 1/2 inch needle to the bum muscle with 2 milliliters of nasty, thick oil. It was Sherman's first ever Intramuscular (IM) injection and he did great!! I put a hot pack on, instructed him and it really wasn't too bad at all. All that build up and I am actually relieved seeing how we will have to do this EVERY night for several weeks. My behind is a bit sore today, so I have a hot pack on it and I think it will all be A-ok. I also started up an antibiotic, Prednisone, baby ASA and estradiol orally! I am a walking pharmacy.

Here is my honey practicing his IM shot technique on a lemon. Isn't he cute? :

1 comment: