Sunday, February 7, 2010

Back from Egg Retrieval

I am back from Egg Retrieval (ER) and up from my post Versad nap. It was all very exciting when we got there, and I was so happy that my favorite nurse was there even though it was her day off. It made me feel so much more at ease. They asked us if we brought a camera and I instantly kicked myself for not even thinking of it to document the event. :( I was pleasantly surprised at how hot the hubby looked all "scrubbed in the procedure" - watch out Dr. McDreamy Derek Shepard!! It was neat that he got to be in there to watch the whole procedure. And it was nice to have him there to rub my head and reassure me. Things went well - better than I expected...other than a little puking post car ride. I wonder if Gatorade kills rhododendrons?

The good news is they got 20 eggs!! I am really happy knowing there are lots of opportunities for Sherm's little swimmers to get in and fertilize. They will call us daily starting tomorrow to let us know how things are looking in the incubator. I am just a little sore and crampy, but otherwise feel pretty good after taking a few hour nap, using a hot pad, and taking a little Vicodin. I am drinking my Gatorade like a champ and just had something to eat. Cheesy bagel, yum! Sherman is taking great care of me - of course. I think I will even be up for a little game watching and eating of Superbowl snacks in a bit...Sherm is making my favorite Cheesy Red Pepper Dip! GO NOLA SAINTS!!


No comments:

Post a Comment