Monday, April 4, 2011

5 Weeks


Yesterday I was officially 5 weeks pregnant.

That is one week closer to our ultrasound AND it means our baby is the size of an apple seed! :) It's heart, neural tube, and kidneys are forming this week - what an amazing miracle life is!

How am I feeling?

Well, besides nervous, anxious, and overly analytical...?

I am have sore/swollen boobs, I'm ridiculously tired, I'm bloated, always hungry, and I have lots of cramping and low back pain. I also have occasional sharp low pains in my groin. Everyone says this is normal stretching and growing of the uterus and the ligaments that hold it in place, so I am trying hard not to stress.

We got a few "firsts" this weekend. I bought our first book, "The Pregnancy Bible." My sister had already given me "What to Expect When You're Expecting" so I brushed off the dust and brought it out. Sherman and I have had fun reading what's going on together. And my mom and sister are already showering us in gifts. We have a boy outfit, a girl outfit, and my first Maternity outfit. They are so excited they just can't hold back.

Of course we are excited, but I can't help but hold back just a little. I am nervous. I don't want this to end. Trying to savor it all and soak up all the positivity around me and release this fear that has held me captive for far too long.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe...but the funny thing is I cheated a couple of times for the first time ever this cycle. Go figure. I figure it is out until at least the first trimester, then we will see!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I'm reeling in excitement for you guys!!!! I must say, those sharp crampy, stretching pains, were almost constant and really painful! haha! So keep em comin! YAAAAAAY! I cant stop thinking about you guys. :) So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait to read all of your baby updates, it will help me to re-live my experience all over again, life really is a miracle.
    Congratulations Momma to Be, you are going to be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lis, I am so excited for you and Sherman. You two are so deserving of this pregnancy. Here's to a happy and healthy 9 months.

    ReplyDelete