Monday, April 18, 2011

1st Ultrasound!

I woke up at 1 am today to pee (of course) and I could NOT go back to sleep. Tossed and turned until 7 when we got up to get ready for the big day.

My heart was racing, my palms sweaty, and I felt like I might die of anticipation waiting for the doctor to come in the ultrasound room.

As soon as she started the exam she said "there's the gestational sac, a perfect size embryo, and a strong heartbeat."

I let out the biggest sigh of relief, and then I could not stop smiling. I'm still smiling.

Everything is measuring right on track and the heart was flickering away - it was incredible. Heart rate was 130. And yes there is just one! :)

She said, "it doesn't get more perfect than that." We are officially released to the OB, although she said she can do another ultrasound at 9 weeks "for reassurance." Yes, please.

Here is the first picture of our little bean (it's the little fuzzy thing on the left inside of the dark sac):


12 comments:

  1. Oh, Boy is this little bean going to have an interesting first scrapbook page ..... pee'd on sticks, first ultrasound and ..... what's next?
    SO EXCITED!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!! Isn't that first little flickering heartbeat the best thing ever!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bean is gorgeous! LOVE you all and I am happy beyond belief! The little bean doesn't even know how loved he/she is already!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That flickering heartbeat is amazing! I can still clearly remember that instant sensation of love. I am just so overjoyed for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! So happy for you guys....can't wait to watch your lil bean grow :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy for you two!!!!!!- Karmela

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!!! Best site ever isn't it? We had out second at 10 weeks and the tech said she looked like a little gummy bear (which is EXACTLY the perfect description). Can you believe they change and grow that quickly? Can't wait to see what he/she looks like at 9 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute little bean!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Little Beannette is a doll. She'll be beautiful, like her mom. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for the two of you. Sending love your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -Lindsay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow I am so over joyed for you both and your little blueberry's perfect heartbeat. I just love reading your blog it makes me smile. Keep the updates coming momma!

    ReplyDelete