Day 10 - Sankeien Gardens and Chinatown
It was a stunning spring day so I worked up the courage and got on a bus out of town to Sankeien Gardens. I am so happy that I took the risk as it was an incredibly breathtaking site. I took Sherman's camera and shot over 200 pictures. Everywhere I turned there was something more fabulous. Here are just a few of my shots:
I hiked to the top of the hill to the large pagoda. Beautiful views from above.
I was in awe of the beautiful women in traditional kimonos. The last few ladies were my saviours and helped me find my way home, which may have never happened if they weren't so kind to me!
Check out a few more of the friends I met (Okay, really I was scared to death of these! They are huge and jump out of the water!)
Oh, and finally proof that I was there!
As day turned to evening, things continued to get better. Sherman took me to Yokohama's Chinatown which is the largest one in the world. There are incredible shrines, fabulous food, and fun shops to be had. It was quite an experience. We ended the night with a multicourse dinner, which I have to say is the best Chinese food I have EVER had!
Lis, your posts are FANTASTIC! You should make a book and write a travel guide. I want to go to Japan so badly now. Im living vicariously through you. Looks like you are having a great time!
ReplyDeleteWhat a creative daughter I have!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful pictures but I still don't want to go there.
See you soon!
Love, Mother
You are both too kind...it is a fun way to share pictures and thoughts! :)
ReplyDelete