Thursday, April 15, 2010

Train Catching and Town Painting Thursday


Day 6 - Yokosuka

Mellow day for me today, just some reading at Starbucks and a little more shopping. I finally caught the train all by myself today! I met Sherman in Yokosuka after work where we had happy hour at a hotel bar and then met up with his coworkers for dinner at Yoshi's Yakitori. The Japanese have figured out that bacon really does make everything better! We ate the most delicious eggplant, asparagus and chicken all wrapped in a thin layer of bacon and grilled over a smoker. It was AMAZING!








We also indulged in little too much beer and shochu which led to some uncharacteristic behaviors including dancing, and singing karaoke. Oh dear, the pics tell the story of the crazy night we had!




2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo of my beautiful daughter! Handsome husband as well, but you know, I'm biased.
    Thanks for sharing this link with me, I didn't know about it before.
    Prayed hard for you at church yesterday, on my knees! So good to hear that you are relaxed and happy and having such a blast.
    Love to you both!
    Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom for the prayers! We are having a great time, back to the real world next week...

    ReplyDelete