Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Just Another Manic Monday

Day 3 - Stormy in the City

The weather has made a drastic change in less than 12 hours and it reminds me of home. Yesterday was sunny and seventy then fastforward to today and it's a stormy, rainy fiftyish. I am glad I arrived in time to see the famous cherry blossoms at full bloom as they are now coming down like snow outside.

I ventured out to have coffee and breakfast, then in the afternoon walked endless miles around the vast 5 story mall here in Minato Mirai 21.

The mall is ginormous and beautiful - a shopper's paradise. Check out this curved escalator:




The prices for the most part are expensive. But the quality is pretty extraordinary and pieces are very unique at most shops. I am proud to say I showed restraint, although there were some handbags I would almost kill for...

I recovered from my shopping fatigue with a Cafe au Lait and pastry at a new bakery. I watched a movie in Japanese not realizing until after Sherman got home, that if I had just pressed the bilingual button on the remote I could have watched it in English! Sherman was dumbfounded that I somehow managed to find the button to get free porn previews, but didn't see the bilingual button. He never found that button and I am sure not going to show him.

When Sherman got home we went to Sushi "go round" where you can either order chef made sushi or take ready made pieces off the conveyor belt. Yummy. We also enjoyed some cold Sake. Fun.



We then went over to the grocery store and bought some lunch for Sherm and some cocktails in cans! Can you believe they have delicious, sparkling Grapefruit and Vodka to go? One of my favorite things? And I am not kidding when I say it is really good. This is my kind of country! We sipped cocktails in bed watching the city skyline from our hotel room. Relaxing.



Okay, so it turns out it wasn't such a manic Monday afterall!

No comments:

Post a Comment