Monday, April 12, 2010

Japan in Spring

Well, I arrived in Japan on Friday afternoon. It was amazing to be reunited with my handsome husband. He was easy to find in the crowd...6'4" and blond and all.

Night one we took it easy after our 2 1/2 hour bus ride back to our hotel in Yokohama. We walked around and had dinner nearby.

Day 1 - Discovering Yokohama

Sherman had to work OT on Saturday so I tried my best to sleep in and get on the right time schedule. I woke up to a beautiful clear, sunny day. After a couple of hours of tossing and turning, I wandered across the skybridge to the 5 story mall where I eventually found a Starbucks. :)

I spent a bit of time unpacking and then ventured back out into the sunshine and took a walking tour of the area. I went to 2 different parks where I ate lunch that I had bought at the bakery, and watched local kids play, skateboard, and ride bikes.

Sherman got out of work early and we eventually found each other and had ice cream under the cherry blossom trees at yet another park. Two cherry blosssoms fell in Sherman's ice cream, which is supposed to mean good luck. Beautiful.








We then took the world's fastest elevator up to the 69th floor of The Landmark Tower where we sipped on cocktails while watching the sunset from a loveseat for two.







We then watched Yokohama and Tokyo light up. Memories forever.






After sunset we headed on the subway to Shibuya District of Tokyo - reminiscent of Times Square with it's neon signs and hoards of people. We found a "hot pot" restaurant where we cooked our meat, veggies, and fresh noodles at the table in a dual pot of curry seasoned broths. Delicious 2 hour gorge fest.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Sounds amazing! Enjoy your time there... it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! XOXO

    ReplyDelete