It's technically "Hump day" because well it's Wednesday, but for me it's the day past "Hump day." Meaning we are officially past the halfway mark of the dreaded 2 week wait.
So what have I been up to?
~ Ate an entire fresh pineapple - bromelain in pineapples is shown to increase implantation rates, so during a cycle I always eat one split up over the first 5 days (look it up, it's true).
~ Drinking hot lemon water every morning as a detox per my acupuncturist.
~ And yes that means NO coffee - decaf even as it effects the bloodflow to the uterus. Oh how I miss thee.
~ Getting poked by needles, otherwise known as acupuncture. I actually really enjoy this - very relaxing believe it or not. Studies show that acupuncture improves success rates in assisted conception - so much so that our new clinic has an acupuncturist on staff.
~ POM juice - improves uterine lining. Spendy juice!!
~ Oh, and I think we all know that I have given up gluten in the name of a baby - now that is dedication. But truly research shows that even if you do not have gluten intolerance consumption of wheat causes an inflammatory process :)
~ Trying to rest up and think positive and PRAYING.
I know a lot of people probably think this is all hocus pocus, but I do believe in more than western medicine and know that our environment plays a key role in the huge rise in infertility. Oh yeah, and I am also still obsessing over every little possible "symptom." And to all my sisters out there, "no, I don't feel pregnant yet." :)
What??? Where were you and your research when I was going through this? I didn't know about the pineapple OR the lemon water!
ReplyDeleteGood girl..doing all your stuff! Thinking positive!!!!
ReplyDeleteThinking positive for you, FYI during my weekly coupon hunt saw that fred's just happens to have POM juice on sale this week. hope this next week goes by fast for you
ReplyDeleteBeen wondering about your stressing and obsessing .... sounds like you are doing really well and doing exactly the right things. You, Go Girl! XXOO
ReplyDeleteI heart you.
ReplyDelete