Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011 - Year of the...



IUI.



That's right Intrauterine Insemination. Well, that's what I'm calling 2011 anyways, just as 2010 was the year of IVF. Everyone is probably wondering why we are doing this all backwards, heck even I question it, but we are at a new clinic and our new doctor does not think it is unreasonable for us to try and get pregnant this way - and seeing how it costs oh about 1/7th of that of an IVF cycle (which we cannot afford at this time), we are giving it a go!

I started my Clomid on our last day in Puerto Vallarta and I am scheduled for an Ultrasound this Friday to see how many follicles (potential eggs) are in there. The goal is 2-3 (unlike the 20 I carted around during my fresh IVF cycle). The one upside of doing things backwards, is after doing IVF and a FET cycle everything seems like a breeze! Silver lining, people.

Praying that I respond well to the meds, that I will have just the right number of eggs (to high or low and it will be cancelled), and that we have an awesome sample to work with the day of. I will keep everyone posted on our progress...

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for new beginnings and renewed hope.! I'm confident and will FOR SURE be praying for success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited and praying for you too! Heres to 2011!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol totally saw this pic and was like, wait, what? She's doing an at home IUI???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steph - that is hilarious!! Absolutely NOT. But, I wanted a pic and it is actually quite funny what comes up when you image search IUI! This was one of the better options! :)

    ReplyDelete