Obviously the big thing is the baby's room- but we will be waiting until next month (July 18th!!) when we find out the gender to plan all of that. So for now I am thinking more general home projects - such as new carpet, yard work, etc. I also want to finish up some of the home decorating that has taken a back seat the last year or so. We had become so absorbed in our fertility treatments (as was our cash flow) that many things went neglected or unfinished.
Well I don't want to go out and break the bank so I will start small....one little project I'd love to do is spruce up our hand me down traditional dining set and make it more modern and funky. It needs some personality. I've been eyeing traditional furniture with animal print and love the look, but not sure it is classic enough for me.
Honestly, would it be too much?



p.s. I would keep the traditional dark wood and recover the seats with a cream and brown zebra print.
OMG Do it! I've been pining after a zebra print towel set for the bathroom, but it's a no-go with Chris. I can live through your zebra print.
ReplyDeleteIf you do this?? Can I help?? I have been DYING to want to try something like this, but I have nothing to try it on. Id LOVE to be your 2nd pair of hands!!!
ReplyDeleteAlso - dont tell Jared, or sherm, but I am working with a designer on mood boards for Jareds house. She's REALLY affordable. So far we are just working on the bathroom, to get a feel for how she does things. I just have a hard time going from what I want, to what I have. If you want her name/number let me know!!
Too funny! Jeff and I covered our dining room chairs in a very faint cream and dark beige zebra print last year and we love it. It was very easy and cheap and made a whole new look! Fantastic idea and you will love it. The upholstery fabric was really cheap on sale at the fabric store off union (tacoma)kinda by the Goodwill and the outback.
ReplyDeleteLove Kat
Val - I'm suprised Sherm said go for it!
ReplyDeleteMesh - I want to see your mood boards asap!!
Kat - we are too much alike not to be hanging out more! :)
LOVE IT! I just want to jump in that picture and move in! If you do the project, you must post pics.
ReplyDelete