
15 weeks along, baby is the size of an orange or an apple. They say that some women have already started to feel their babies by this point, but I have yet to feel anything. I can't wait for that moment, trying to have patience.
So much happening with the baby - you continue to breathe amniotic fluid through your nose and upper respiratory tract, which aids in developing the air sacs in your tiny lungs. Your heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood per day! (This will increase to 200 quarts by the time you come out.)
Your legs are now longer than your arms and your able to move all your joints. Baby, I pray that you get your father’s height and long limbs…please don’t take after your short mom with her stumpy arms and legs! You eyelids are still fused shut, but you can now sense light. BabyCenter says that if I shine a flashlight at my belly, you will turn away. I’m tempted to experiment but I’ll contain myself.
Other little milestones include scalp pattern on your head (although hair has yet to grow in), and the formation of taste buds!
As far as I go, well I am plumping up nicely to support this little one. Belly is getting round and I had to do a little shopping this week. I mainly got new bras - I will say shopping for "big girl" bras is not nearly as fun- in fact it is pretty depressing. I kept eyeing the beautiful lacy numbers in my old 34 C, and then threw in a couple of nude, full coverage 36 DD's to my cart. But awww, the girls do feel better! I also bought a couple of flowing tops and dresses. Old Navy had a sale on maternity tanks so I bought a few to start the collection.
Sherman is in Virginia for the week, hope I can survive as I am still not able to cook. Yes, I am still vomiting...and yes that should be gone by now. Trust me I just don't understand why. My new goal is week 16, I should definitely feel better by then (...right?).
I tried the flashlight thing right around the time I first felt her move around, it did work and occaisionally I would try it throughout the pregnancy just to see her kick me! I loved it! Can't wait to see your baby bump!
ReplyDelete