Our little one turned 14 weeks this past weekend and what better way to celebrate than by going to the largest touring concert in history? We went to the U2 Concert!! It was a beautiful, sunny day in Seattle - and it made for a perfect, clear night for the open air show at Qwest Field.
We actually got to be in the inner circle between the 360 degree stage and catwalk. There was a bridge that circled over us and literally would stop within 2 feet of us. We had to wait in line for hours to get this, and it was not without stress (between the traffic, the parking, and the crowds), but it was all well worth it. It truly was once in a lifetime experience - a true Rock star performance, incredible stage show and effects, and fabulous, timeless music. Not only that but the whole concert made you think. It was very focused on humanitarian efforts, world peace, etc. It was an experience we will never forget.
I was so exhausted afterwards - in fact 2 days later I still feel like I'm recovering. It's like a bad hangover that won't leave. I guess 8-10 hours of standing on concrete in the sun with hardly any food will do that to a pregnant lady. :)
Great memories to last forever. We will always remember this as our baby's first concert (I hope baby didn't catch a whiff of anything "green" :/).
No comments:
Post a Comment