
I'm 12 weeks! Hooray for the plum! I felt this was a big "milestone" to make it to and I feel like we can now relax and start planning. I also thought I'd be feeling better by now, but alas I am still vomiting every single evening - at least once, but usually several times.
I'm exhausted. I'm sick of being sick all the time. I truly needed a little boost, and that is what I got today when we did our NT scan.
It was amazing!! Our little one was kicking and moving all around. And it looked like a baby! You could see everything - nose, lips, arms, fingers...it is so magical that everything is formed already and will just continue to grow over the next 6 months. We also got to hear the heartbeat for the very first time. Best sound ever. A beautiful 160 beats per minute. Sherman and I were smiling nonstop.
Our little one is very active and appears to have a stubborn streak already...it would NOT hold still for the neck measurement. The doctor (who was very Type A, antisocial) was getting so mad. He kept saying, "come on kid. Come on!!" and jamming the poor baby with the probe hard and fast. I was like geez. Not the best bedside manner, but I didn't even care. I could have stayed there all day staring at our perfect little baby and all its parts. It suddenly feels very real. We went ahead and announced it to the world today (aka Facebook) in celebration. :)
Here are some shots of our little one. Check out the thumb sucking already! So cute. I am so in love.

Gosh I forget how awesome it is to see a real lookin baby at 12 weeks...as opposed to a dot. How fantastic! Stoked for you.
ReplyDeleteI cannot express how happy I am for you both. You will be AMAZING parents. This child is so LUCKY to have you!!! CONGRATULATIONS!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations you sound like you certainly deserve it! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy i hope it is a happy and healthy one.
ReplyDelete