I had to work on Mother's Day. This working every other weekend thing is getting old. But I should not complain - I have a great job that pays the bills. But I should not lie either, the last couple of years I dreaded this day. I would have been maybe a little happy to work it. Not that I don't want to celebrate moms, but it was hard, wondering if I would ever have that. So, Mother's Day is a day in my mind that will always be to not only honor the beautiful women out there who have sacrificed so much for their children, including my own mother and sisters...but it is also a day that I will always think of and pray for the countless women out there who's hearts long to be filled in that way.
Anyways, I worked. I worked 12 and a half hours but, when I pulled into the driveway after work on Sunday, I discovered a beautiful Magnolia tree complete with a big bow on it!
I have always wanted one and this was just the best surprise ever. My husband also had made a wonderful steak dinner with grilled asparagus and portobello mushrooms. Yum! I have such a wonderful and thoughtful husband. I truly feel blessed. Now every year we can look out in our yard and remember my very first Mother's Day celebration.
And what's this? A prediction perhaps?? (If you can't read that tiny print...the name of the tree is "The Girls").
I asked Sherman if he got you anything and when he told me I thought the same thing - how thoughtful! I told over and over how impressive it was until he finally said, "OK, I get it. You want a tree." (Obviously he didn't get it.) :-)
ReplyDeleteYou will make one great mama! XXOO
What a great story that will make for your children one day....and what a sweet hubby you have!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet, what a wonderful memory that will be. So glad you were able to enjoy your evening.
ReplyDeleteHe's a keeper, that Sherman!And you deserve every little bit of attention he gives you ..... stunning tree, look after it. Hugs from Grandmama
ReplyDelete