Sunday, May 1, 2011

9 Weeks.


Today I am officially 9 weeks pregnant!

The nausea has slowed - thank you Zofran!! Although I did throw up after breakfast this morning, I do feel more human overall. The constant severe motion sickness feeling is gone, comes back but usually not until around 8 PM. I also feel a bit more energy in the last few days which is nice. I stayed up until 11 last night (I know quite the party animal).

I have gotten a comment or two about the start of a bump, but I hate to burst everyone's bubble and tell them it's just bloat and poop. Probably more than anyone wants to hear, but not pooping for 6 whole days will produce a bit of a bump! :/ Trying every OTC product and trick but so far no luck. I've tried prune juice, coffee, fiber gummies, psyllium, Colace, greasy foods, canned pumpkin...yep you name it I've tried it. If you know of some miracle cure I am open to any and all suggestions.

On a non pregnancy note (and much more pleasant) today it is beautiful and sunny out so Sherman is getting the boat cleaned up and ready to maybe go out on the water sometime in the near future! I LOVE the sun! Hard to believe it is May and in just 7 months we will be meeting our child. I have a feeling it is going to just fly by.

Tomorrow is another big day - ultrasound # 2! We can't wait to see our little one again.

6 comments:

  1. Have you tried vitamin B6 for morning sickness? It only works for some people, but it works really well for me for a few weeks. I end up on Zofran too, but I like taking a little vitamin instead for as long as it does the trick. The best place to get them solo and small is at Trader Joe's. You have to take several at a time every few hours to give yourself that IV drip effect. And, yes, Nick's job brought us here to SF, but it will bring us back to WA again next month and forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elke - I do have the Vitamin B6 but I have only been taking it at night and then my natural nausea pills have them as well. Thanks though. Glad you get to see that beautiful city and still get to come home!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only JUST heard your amazing news today ! Matt & I could NOT be happier for you & Sherman. We are seriously ecstatic!!! Congratulations! I can relate to your "morning" sickness (whoever named it that was mistaken!) but a
    Glad to hear the zofran is helping. I just want to hug you! Praise the Lord!! I can't wait to meet your gorgeous baby! (he/ she will have to be gorgeous with the both of your genes!!!) blessings, Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Tricia! You can only imagine our excitement! We are over the moon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, for constipation... Dr Pepper works for me! I know it sounds weird, but for some reason just a little bit of it goes a long way and I'm hitting that bathroom before you know it! It's worth a try ;] Good luck and Congratulations Grad!

    ReplyDelete