Friday, March 11, 2011

Prayer Request

Our dear friends Rachel and Ty are adopting from Ethiopia, and we have shared in their excitement as they prepare their hearts and their home for a child of their own. However, disheartening news has just broken that the Ethiopian Government will be cutting adoption rates by up to 90%. My heart is broken as I watch their dream of parenthood be once again challenged.

Rachel's faith in God is inspiring to me. A true reminder that our life plan is in His hands. I love this scripture she posted on her blog which I am always drawn to and find comfort in time after time:




Please pray for them in their time of need, and pray for Ethiopia. You can also help by taking a minute and signing this petition:

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/43714.html

We may not always understand the events of the world or our lifetime, but we can have faith and hope, and we can always pray.

3 comments:

  1. Elisabeth, it truly breaks my heart to read about the struggles you and your friends are having in trying to build your families. You are always in my thoughts and prayers.
    I didn't know if you had heard of this place before but worth a shot to look into for your friends who are interested in adopting.
    http://www.projectcuddle.org/default.asp
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete