IUI # 3 was today - overall things went smoothly. It is getting to be old hat, routine.
But then again I prayed a lot while lying there today, telling God over and over that I just don't want to keep doing this. It is so hard to pay $500 for the visit and leave empty handed month after month.
Here are the details of today's sample post wash:
Concentration: 66 million
Motility: 69%
Rapid and linear: 21%
Total motile: 25 million.
So, not quite as high as the previous two months, but still great for us. And come on at least one should be able to find that egg!
Now the long two week wait begins....
Prayers for you! I don't know if you're interested, but eventually they let me stop doing the u/s each month which saved some $. (I think we did it the first 5 times and it was always pretty consistent). It's still pricey, and definitely devestating if it doesn't work, but it helps a bit.
ReplyDeleteJulie, thanks for the suggestion, but we will move on to injectables after this cycle if we are not successful and that I think means more ultrasounds. Luckily my insurance does cover the majority of those. :) Did you ever do an IUI with injectables?
ReplyDeleteHi there! I'm Michelle's sister's boyfriend's sister! I know you don't know me but I just want to say that I've followed your blog from our sister Erin's site and my thoughts and prayers are with you. I will keep praying for you and your husband! Ksavera
ReplyDeleteKsavera ~
ReplyDeleteWe know and love Jon and Mandy and I went to PLU with Erin - so it is a really small world. :) Thank you so much for your kind words and support. We honestly appreciate and value every prayer and positive thought that comes our way!
Elisabeth.