
I always am sad to say goodbye to the sun soaked days of summer, but it is officially October and that means it is Fall. I've given it - no more denying it.
Once I finally give in to it, and stop whining about the loss of light, I really, really do love this season. Beautiful colors outside and warm fall decor and candles in the home, crockpot dinners that simmer all day and baking galore - nothing says fall like the smell of warm cinnamon, cloves, and vanilla in the house. Fall also gives us the perfect excuse to cuddle on the couch in the evenings, watch all our shows in their new seasons, and well just be LAZY.
I love being lazy, I am not going to even try to lie about that one. And Fall and Winter do let me give in to this guilty pleasure of mine. If I could wear cozy pants every day then I would. But then I would end up 300 lbs for sure, so we have to learn to balance this all out. This week for example we have not worked out once. Not once. Balance is the key to everything in life. Just need to find it and keep it.
Last weekend to celebrate Fall we visited one of my favorite little towns, Leavenworth for Oktoberfest. It was a beautiful sunny day that hit 80 degrees, yet all the trees showed their vibrant hues of yellow, red, and orange.
Well, I've never wanted a cold lager more than that day, but I resisted my urge and we decided to wine taste instead or beer taste. We visited Icicle Ridge Winery where we got to crush grapes and listen to a wonderful band. A perfect setting to sip wine and relax just the 2 of us.




And now I'm off to cozy up under a blanket, and read a book while a loaf of banana bread bakes away and fills our home with its wondrous aromas....yes, I'm going to be lazy.
You totally motivated me to be lazy. THANKS!
ReplyDelete