Friday, October 1, 2010

Closure? Well, kind of...

I have putting off making a follow up appt. for our failed FET cycle. We certainly weren't ready to make any new moves and I really did know what they would say so it seemed a little pointless. However, everyone said I'd feel better and I'd have closure, etc. So I made it finally, and I went finally, and it lasted a measly 15 minutes.

All the drama leading up to it and it was 15 short minutes. And yes, he said just as I had expected, "Everything went perfectly. The embryos we transferred looked great, your lining was right where we wanted it, and the transfer went smoothly." Basically you just have bad luck and let's get you ready to cycle again - oh at the price tag of 13K a pop!

Well, we know we can't shell out that kind of dough again, so we may try some more affordable and yes, less successful routes for a year or so. I've inquired about more testing, which he didn't seem to think was necessary "until you have multiple losses." Well yes, I'd love to sit around and lose more babies - good idea. "Well we can do it if you really want but it's expensive and insurance may not cover it." Insurance companies make no sense. Seriously. So frustrating so I also made an appt. with a new doctor at a new clinic. We feel it is time for another opinion and fresh start.

We meet with her on Oct. 11th....hoping it is the start of a new, fruitful journey. Here we go again...

4 comments:

  1. I hope it's ok that Jenn gave me your blog address. Are you going to SRM? If so, I know you'll love them, I can't say enough wonderful things about them. We saw Dr. Criniti (LOVE her!), though we had two of the other women do our procedures and they're the kindest people ever.

    I know you didn't ask for advice, but keep at it and go with your gut. We did many more IUIs than they normally recommend (6 the first time and either 8 or 9 the second - both times were our "last time")

    I know the undescribable pain, and I pray that they can help you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Julie! Yes, we are going to try SRM and I"m praying this will be the change we need! Your daughter is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck Elisabeth, I am hoping and praying that this will be the ticket for you and Sherman!

    ReplyDelete