Well it IS the title of our blog. Veh adVentures.
I truly believe that life is short and that you only get one go around so live it to the fullest and take every adventure along the way and experience it. So that is just what we are doing.
The next adventure in our journey has led us to San Diego, california. Where we will all live for the next six months!! We have always wanted to experience living somewhere else and living downtown in a city has always been on our bucket list. So when Sherman's work provided the opportunity we jumped - all 6 of our feet in!
Exciting? Yes, absolutely no doubt. The part of me that loves travel and sunshine and adventure is singing. But I will admit that being a mom changes everything. People who deny that are well sorry to say : in denial. I still believe that you can seek out adventure and that is how we are here but it does change your perspective. "is this the right thing for Ronan?" "how will he adjust?" "how can I take him away from his Grandma, Aunties, and cousins?"
It was hard for me. Much harder than I had imagined. This is after all a chance I've wanted to take forever. And I'm so glad we did. Really when else are we going to have this opportunity? I'm off of work, Ronan isn't in school yet and life is still flexible.
Now that we are here and settling in to our little high rise apartment the nerves have given way to that passion and excitement for life. The twists and turns along life's path is what renews our souls, refreshes our eyes, and gets us out of routines that can become stale if we aren't careful.
It is feeling a bit like a honeymoon as we discuss all our plans and things we will do over the next 6 months. And while I know I will miss our home, our family, and our friends terribly I am also thrilled that my little family is going to have the time of our lives. We will make memories, build upon the depth of our love for one another, and just LIVE. It feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment