8 Months old already? And he is looking less and less like a little baby. Ronan just went through a big growth spurt where he "thinned out" (for him) and lost his little Buddha belly and some rolls on his thighs disappeared. His feet and wrists no longer have puffed marshmallows on top of them. He is our "little observer" still in that he loves to quietly watch people and hang out at a party, but he is starting to get more bold and social and tries to interact with others once he warms up a bit. He loves music and dances when he hears a tune. He is goofy, and cuddly - he loves to give you a tight squeeze when you pick him up and then pats your back. He is such a joy to watch grow and learn.
- Baby's Weight: ?
- Baby's Height: ?
- What size of clothing does baby wear?: 12 month and 18 month/12-18 months
- Any milestones baby reached during the month: A lot of social milestones this month which is so fun for those around me...I have used my fake cough/laugh for weeks to get people's attention, and this is becoming more and more dramatic (it is absolutely hysterical to watch him do this with a pretty girl...he very obviously tries extra hard and is blown away when they don't give him the time of day)! I can now clap, sign "more", and wave bye-bye. I also show much more emotion now in the form of temper tantrums, in fact when I get frustrated or a toy gets taken away I clench my fists and turn a dark shade of scarlet. Mommy sometimes gets worried about what lies ahead... I can play ball now and throw pretty darn well - my parents are banking on a scholarship. I'm still not crawling, but scoot along the floor and then roll over and over so I am still getting all around the house. I think I may skip this crawling business and go right to walking. I love standing and holding on to the couch. I think I can "cruise" but my balance usually gets the best of me. I have 5 teeth - 3 on top just came in this last week.
- Special outings baby had during the month: Our trip to California has made for lots of dinners, etc. out and about and I for the most part do really well as long as we are with lots of people to watch and to entertain. I am a bit of a stare bear and I have a little separation anxiety if a new person wants to hold me. I love strolling the beach boardwalks. I was able to dip my toes in the ocean for the first time, but that was a disappointment...so, so cold!
- What are your thoughts about the past month?: Ronan is literally changing everyday. Physically he is so very active and strong and mentally you can see all the little wheels are turning constantly. We think he is really quite clever. He studies toys and people while they do certain actions and then tries to mimic. And while I can admit I have moments where I wonder if it is time to go back to work I realize I am so lucky to not miss any of his "firsts." I look at pictures from the last 8 months and it is all a blur and so if I can't freeze time I will just soak up all the time I can. I am learning to take the challenges with all the joy and realize that it isn't always easy but it is so very worth it.
- What was baby's routine?: Following the 2-3-4 schedule which seems to work really well for him. So up for 2 hours, then nap, then up for 3 hours, nap, then up until bedtime which is at least 4 hours. He still loves his routine. Teething has definitely made for LOTS of difficult nights with getting up 2-3 times a night the last couple of weeks on most nights.
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: 4th of July with Great Grandma Jane Garban (Ronan). Ronan just was mesmerized by her. He would just lean back into her as he sat on her lap and sit for like 30 minutes just peaceful and relaxed as can be. So very glad we were able to experience that.
- What are baby's favorites?: I am getting big quickly and am outgrowing some of my baby toys. I love my wood blocks and really any two things I can bang together to make a loud noise over and over again. I like my Leap Frog learning table, Baby Einstein musical turtle, and Fisher Price activity walker (on the floor). I can spin those little pieces so fast! I do really well playing by myself for small periods of time. Long enough for mommy to do some dishes or laundry. I am a very content little boy.
Favorite Food: Avocado, Squash!
Favorite Food: Avocado, Squash!
No comments:
Post a Comment