Ronan,
Our baby boy, how is it that you are 2 years old? It sounds so cliche, yet there is no better truth, than "time flies." And the older I get the faster time goes. I sometimes think you haven't grown that much since 1 year (okay, sometimes I worry, because of the health issues we've encountered) and I look back at pictures from a year ago and wow have you grown. You have changed.
You have gotten a little taller, a little thinner, you talk a whole lot more, you laugh (uncontrollably) a lot more, you hold my hand when we go out places (though I will say you still do like to be held and carried quite a bit), you imitate and follow in your daddy's footsteps, you love to read books and play with trucks, and jump, and dance!
You are still totally adorable, funny as can be, a total delight to us daily, sweet to the core, and above all you are still our baby.
This year will bring a lot of changes. I look at the 3 year olds at your daycare and marvel at their growth and development. You are so smart and mechanical skilled, I can't wait to see and hear more of you as you learn this year. You are going to become a big brother this year. You are somehow aware and already so affectionate with the baby growing in mommy's tummy. You lift up my shirt and say, "hi baby!" Then you rest your head and give it a big long hug. I am certain you will be an amazing big brother. I am also certain that it will be a hard transition for you and for us all. Always know that you are loved beyond measure "to the moon and back" and nothing will ever change that.
In so many ways I wish that I could keep you little for longer, but I know that it is only going to get better. That our love for you will only grow and deepen. And I know that you are going to do great things and we get to watch and be an intimate part of it.
We love you, cherish you, and feel blessed to be your parents. We wish for you a year of fun, adventure, learning, and laughter!
Love forever and always,
Mama and Daddy
No comments:
Post a Comment