Saturday, January 25, 2014

20 Weeks = Half Baked & the BIG Ultrasound.



20 weeks. 5 months. Half way there! And the week of the BIG anatomy ultrasound.

Are you a BOY or a GIRL?

Well, we have decided to torture ourselves and everyone around us and wait until your true Birth Day to find out. Why? We just want there to be an extra special celebration of you baby #2 and a whole lot of anticipation and excitement is sure to continue to build until your arrival. You are special and we can't wait to meet you and find out who you really are!

Our gut feeling? Boy. Of course we only have a 50% shot of being right, but we will be very, very surprised if you are a little girl.

How am I feeling? SO, so, so, so, SOOO much better. I'm sorry, I just had to say it that way. I haven't thrown up since week 17 and dare I say I feel human again. A little burst of energy here and there is even showing up and has get my mind ticking about all that needs to be done before you get here little one.

Well little one, maybe not...my bump has grown so dramatically this month. I have had pretty frequent Braxton Hicks since week 16 and a little achy here and there as I feel you shifting and growing. You measured a few days ahead on ultrasound and guesstimate weight of 12 oz. Hard to believe you are only less than a pound when I feel so big already. I've gained about 15 lbs. already, but I know last time things actually slowed down the second half so I  am not worried.

The best part of this month? I can FEEL you! It started with very occasional little flutters between weeks 16-17, but I still always checked your heartbeat by doppler as it was so infrequent. However since week 19 you have been rolling and kicking and very present with me all day long. Sometimes you even keep me up at night. :) There is something about this connection, something that only you and I share that is so very sacred. It's our little relationship growing already. And I touch you back and whisper sweet things and I know you can hear and feel me too. I remember missing it a little bit once Ronan was born. An experience I am forever grateful to have.

The next best part of this month, okay it was a VERY close second was SEEING you. Daddy and I are amazed that you seem to already look just like your brother. That round, button nose making an appearance already. You are beautiful. You are perfect. It is just as amazing with "our second" to look at images of your anatomy. Every part and inch is there and now you just need to grow, gain weight, and get stronger...until we can finally meet.











No comments:

Post a Comment