Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12 Months. AKA 1 Year Old!

To our precious Ronan,

12 months since you joined us baby boy. One year ago you graced this beautiful world with your incredible presence. 365 days of wonder, joy, giggles, and above all LOVE!

"Oh My!" as you would say (or rather gesture rather adorably)....where has the time gone?

It's gone by in a cloud of sleepless nights, a haze at times with moments of overwhelming emotion as your Daddy and I learned how to be your parents. Your guardians. We know that God picked us just for you, and we don't know how we got so lucky, but we never want to question it...but rather we will spend the rest of our lives with grateful hearts, doing everything we know how to do to live up to His plan.

Ronan, you are our miracle. Our dream come true. And while you will hear those words often in your lifetime, I hope that you never take them lightly. You were dreamed of, prayed for, and wanted so completely. And now that you are here our life is so much more wonderful, because you are in it. Even more than we could have imagined! I hope you never, ever doubt how much you are loved. We will always love you. Always.

I know that I am a better person because of you. I am more patient, I am stronger and more determined, I laugh more, I take more joy and wonder in everything little thing in life, and I'm not afraid to dream big. I care more about others, our culture, and the world. I want to make this world a better place for you. And I know the world could learn a lot from you, little one.

You, my love, are this wonderful,  tiny little person packed full of light, charisma, and glee. You sometimes show an intense, quiet side "our little observer" when in a group, but then quickly warm up and become a little social goof ball. We not only love you, but we truly like who you are turning out to be. You are such a cool little man. You are so funny. And we just cannot wait to see you continue to grow, learn, and become YOU.

Love forever and always, 

Mama and Daddy















- Baby's Weight:  23 lbs.
- Baby's Height: 30 in.

- What size of clothing does baby wear?: 18 month/12-18 months

- Any milestones baby reached during the month:  I can point to body parts: ears, eyes, nose...and say "eye." I give really nice kisses now, and hand them out freely - usually one to mommy, then daddy, then repeat.  I can stand on my own for a few seconds, but typically sit down as soon as I realize it. I can also walk around just holding onto one hand. I don't even try to take steps on my own and I get mad at Mommy when she tries to get me to practice. I'm just not ready to walk, and I know what I want! New animal sounds include snake and turkey.
New words: "ho, ho, ho!" and Santa.

- Special outings baby had during the month: Sea World! I loved the Sea Lions, Fish, and The Pet Show. 

- What are your thoughts about the past month?: I can't believe that you are one year old - a "toddler".  And there is certainly a difference in you. You are wanting more and more independence. And I'm starting to get really excited about seeing you grow and become you.

- What was baby's routine?:  You have finally outgrown your early morning wake up call and feeding and now typically "sleep in" until 6:30 or 7. Mommy is so, very happy. Most days you still nap twice, but sometimes skip one.

- Reflect about the highlights of the month: Thanksgiving was very special this year as Auntie Lauren and cousin Luke came to visit. You two had so much fun playing together.

- What are baby's favorites?:   Cars, trucks, trains, and airplanes.  Any Holiday decoration! Loves lights, trees, painted windows, anything he knows is special.

Favorite Foods: Cheese, Crackers, Smoothies, blueberries and strawberries.

At one year old you are pretty amazing.  I'll attempt to write a list of everything you do - here it goes, fingers crossed I'm not forgetting something...



No comments:

Post a Comment