Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy First Birthday Our Dear Sweet Baby Boy.

The day has come and gone. Our sweet baby boy's first birthday.

There was so much building up to this day. For months I felt a sense of mourning - I know that probably sounds crazy. I naturally was excited too, but sad that it was all going so fast. 

However, once the day was finally here. I did not shed one tear. I was so full of happiness and pride. I loved watching him take it all in. 

The balloons outside his bedroom door...he kept gasping and saying. "AHHH" and he played with them for 20 minutes before he even came out from around the corner into the living room.  He kept peeking, then going back to play with the bouncy, balls of pure fun. I'm sure he would have been completely content if the celebration had ended there...





Then he finally made it over to his pile of presents. He had no problem tearing into them.

We read him his book, "Happy Birthday to You" by Dr. Seuss (okay we only read like 3 pages before he got bored and moved on). But he did sit still long enough to hear the little message we wrote inside.


He was in complete shock and near coma by the time breakfast rolled around - Sprinkle Pancake Cake with candles on top.  


He did love them though!




We put him down to nap and well he must have already been exhausted and he doubled his usual nap time. We were anxious to get going, but we are grateful he got some rest in...after his nap we were on the go. We went to lunch at the beach, and then on to the Birch Aquarium in La Jolla.












Then we met Papa and Grammie for a cupcake and fresh strawberry milk that they served on tap.  He couldn't get enough of that milk. He liked it much more than the cupcake!













To finish the celebration we toasted Champagne to our sweet miracle on the beach.


We drank wine and we ate pizza by a warm celebratory bonfire. A birthday seemed like a great time to finally try pizza for the very first time...





We listened to the waves lap onto the sand, and watched a beautiful white, full moon rise above the palm trees. I slow danced with Ronan to Christmas music and he was so tired, and relaxed he nearly fell asleep.





It was a BIG, exhausting day for all of us. It felt special. It was overflowing with love, fun, excitement and surprises. Ronan enjoyed all of it. But I think we enjoyed it the most. Because we knew we had the greatest gift of all.


HE is truly the reason for the celebration. Our perfect, healthy, happy baby that we were never sure if we would get to meet. God knew all along that this little guy was the one. And he was worth every minute of waiting.

1 comment:

  1. Crying at both these last posts. What a miracle he is! Special in every way. We all have so much to be grateful for. Love you all so much! Kisses from Auntie Jenn to my sweet Ronan. xxoo

    ReplyDelete