This post has been a long time coming as I think about this all the time and I know most other mothers (and all women) do.
But I have a hard time putting it into words...but that is what having a blog is all about, right? I started this blog for a place to pour out my heart, translate my feelings, and just process all the things that were happening in our lives.
Being okay with me.
I often doubt my abilities, my motivation level, my "momness." I have been blessed with an opportunity to stay home with our baby. A chance I honestly never thought I would have. I cherish it, I celebrate it, but I worry I don't always do it justice.
My house is not organized or tidy enough, my meals aren't gourmet enough (heck that's if I make them), and I don't find the spare time to craft, blog, or really do anything "extra."
I was feeling a little blue about it one day, and talking to my rock of a hubby and he's like, "Who cares? You take incredible care of our son. He's happy, healthy, and you play and teach him all day long."
Oh my stars, I love this man. He meant it so deeply in his heart that he teared up. He doesn't care about the "extra" stuff so why should I?
I look at the the blogs, pinterest, and magazines out there and constantly compare myself to the point of feeling worthless and really when my husband said that it was such a moment of clarity.
I don't need all of that. I love my life. I love my husband. I love my son.
We are blessed beyond measure.
And this is all we need.
This is so true! There will be plenty if time to clean and cook when Ronan is grown. Enjoy every moment.... Especially since you know you have to go back to work eventually! Love you!
ReplyDeleteLove you and love your candid honesty. And I love Sherman for being SO RIGHT! Way to go, both of you!
ReplyDelete