Tuesday, May 29, 2012

6 Months.



Oh how the time is flying. I cannot believe that Ronan is 6 months old already. He is a happy, smiley baby boy who is changing all the time. He is so strong these days - sitting up, rolling constantly, and starting to make some attempts to get those knees up under himself so he can really move. I don't think we have too much longer to enjoy an immobile baby. Childproofing here we come...

Ronan had his 6 month well check today at his pediatrician, who commented on how happy and strong he is as well.  Ronan measured in the 80th percentile for height and 72nd for weight - a little lower than he has been in the past, but I think he is just starting a growth spurt - waking to feed at night again suddenly and now sleeping all day today - hence my ability to blog. So we shall see what the next week or two brings, but I think he is about to take off again.


- Baby's Weight:  19 lbs, 4 oz
- Baby's Height: 27 inches

- What size of clothing does baby wear?: 9 and 12 month/6-12 months

- Any milestones baby reached during the month:  Sitting up unsupported. My first tooth just came in and the second is on it's way out (came in today).  I can now drink from a sippy cup and a regular cup - I'm obsessed with sipping water from mommy and daddy's glass. I also babble constantly, especially when upset...I wish my parents could understand me!

- Special outings baby had during the month: Memorial Day weekend trip to Portland where I had my first trip to the zoo and I went swimming for the first time!

- What are your thoughts about the past month?: This age is sure to be a favorite of mine. He is so very sweet and cuddly. He loves hugs and kisses. He lights up instantly when you talk or sing to him - constantly smiling, showing off those gorgeous dimples. I have gotten teary a few times recently though as I know he is moving on to the last of his true baby days...his new found strength and mobility reminds me that he is soon to be a big and more independent boy (and it makes diaper changes a little challenging). And while I know that every stage will become "a favorite" he is growing up all so fast...sigh.

- What was baby's routine?: Up around 5:30 or 6 am for the day. Down at 7ish pm. And naps every 2-3 hours. Napping is still a challenge as sometimes you only will sleep if held and usually they are less than an hour. He loves a consistent bedtime routine of bath, pj's, saying "goodnight to the world" and then a little song while he nurses.

- Reflect about the highlights of the month: My first Mother's Day and our family trip to Portland were great memories made. We've had lots of sunny days in May so we've been out for lots of walks too which has been so nice.

- What are baby's favorites?:  I love watching and petting my cat Talouse and my dog Tanner - I'm so very curious about them. I love to jump in my Baby Einstein jumperoo. My Baby Einstein music player was a favorite bring along toy, but we seemed to have misplaced it. I have a music playing knit Giraffe that is my new friend - I smile as soon as the tune starts even before I can see it. Chewing on frozen washcloths is believe it or not one of the most soothing for my gums right now so I love them. Oh and I am obsessed with my tongue which makes an appearance in 99% of photographs that I have taken of me.




No comments:

Post a Comment