- Baby's Weight: 18 lbs
- Baby's Height: 27 inches
- What size of clothing does baby wear?: 9 and 12 month/6-12 months
- Any milestones baby reached during the month: Rolled over from back to stomach. Practicing sitting alone, but not quite there. Starting to show some effects of teething - constantly gnawing on hands, fussing, and the drool has reached levels more than we could have imagined!
- Special outings baby had during the month: Met Lainey Robuck after her long awaited arrival from Ethiopia. Went boating for the very first time with the Craigs.
- What are your thoughts about the past month?: Ronan's personality has really come to life. It is so much fun getting to know him and ponder what he will be like as he gets older. He is sweet. He doesn't hardly ever cry - he "squeals and squawks" when he is hungry or tired. We love coming in to get him after naps or in the morning as he just is hanging out happy as a clam and get so excited to see you when you get him - he just kicks and grins from ear to ear.
- What was baby's routine?: Oh this month was a challenge...how did I not know about the "4 month wakeful" period? Ronan was just way too interested in the world this month - meaning he absolutely vetoed napping and even went on a bit of a nursing strike for a while. Every noise distracted him. Luckily, I discovered the power of the Ergo and he would fall asleep in there consistently. Everyone stresses about sleep training and routine, but honestly I think you just have to do what works for you and your baby and most of the time these things are just a phase you can't prevent. As of this week you are putting yourself down for naps again, and sleeping beautifully.
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: We love how snugly you have become Ronan. You now wrap your little chubby arms around our necks for hugs and completely melt us. You love to lean into our chests for love, especially when you first wake up which makes for some special quiet moments that we are trying to soak up and hold on to. You are so interactive now...reaching for everything and completely fascinated by everything we do. We love getting to know you more and more.
- What are baby's favorites?: I love when my parents sing, dance or act super goofy - the crazier the better. I laugh so hard I snort sometimes. My favorite song is "I love you a bushel and a peck" and it makes me smile instantly. Peek a Boo is fun. I love my Sophie the Giraffe - she feels so good on my gums. My other favorite toy is my Zebra with fun dangly things for me to entertain myself with. I have also started to love my Glow Seahorse and I drift off to sleep all by myself with the music going.
No comments:
Post a Comment