Thursday, April 26, 2012

Babywearing.

Oh how quickly things can change. In the span of a few short months I've become a breastfeeding, cloth diapering (more on this at some point), Babywearing SAHM.

And I love it.

Don't get me wrong, it is hard work. Really hard work. And there have been moments where I am so physically and mentally drained at the end of the day that I wonder if I am cut out to be a SAHM. I guess moms always question themselves though so I think that is all pretty normal.

I have discovered babywearing and I think it is the best thing to help a new mom out. I have an Ergo and I will be honest I initially was intimidated by it. I am so not technically savvy and I thought, "too many straps and buckles" and I couldn't figure out how to get the darn thing on and get him in safely. We used it for outings and some walks the first few months - with Sherman being the primary wearer as I found the waist strap hurt my c-section incision.

However, I started really using it A LOT this last month as Ronan has been increasingly hard to put down for naps and I just wasn't getting anything done. I found myself at the end of the day in a mess of a house, in my pjs, with an overtired baby and with no dinner cooked so I figured something had to change.

The Ergo has been a God send. The house is cleaner (a little). Food is getting cooked (most of the time). The baby is getting more naps (still a work in progress). And I've got to say it is so much more than that, that I love.

It is the bond that I feel with him attached to me. His warmth. His contentness in being with me. His little chubby legs I can feel kicking every once in a while. And oh that delicious head of white blonde hair - so soft and wispy, and smelling of honey - I can't keep myself from kissing it randomly as I go about my chores.

Yeah sure my back, neck and shoulders ache and it isn't the "alone" time we moms sometimes crave, but hey it is a decent workout...and I know that it is only a short time in my life where I can look down and have this beautiful view:


1 comment:

  1. I agree! I love my Ergo and my Moby. There are days where I literally wouldn't be able to pee without the baby screaming if I didn't have carriers. Plus, we go for walks with her in the Ergo and she gets to look at the treetops and get some vitamin D! Being crunchy rocks.

    ReplyDelete