So, today we had our first appointments at UW - and despite it taking an hour and a half to get there we were very happy with how everything went. We didn't learn a whole lot - meaning they still can't tell us if our precious baby will have this syndrome or not.
We are not surprised by this as we have been told it is a wait and see game at this point.
But things are looking well. On ultrasound today his fluid around the belly was gone, his hydrocele reduced significantly, and while he played with his tongue and it was at the lips often, he is still able to close his mouth and swallow well. He put on quite the show for the tech and doctor - sucking his thumb and all. Kidneys are big, but we don't know if this will mean anything. And he is big still, but not much more than last week. He is measuring over 8 lbs. already with 3 more weeks to go...
With that said the doctor put the decision in my hands as far as when and how to deliver. If I go into labor on my own I am able to drive up there and progress as "normal." She would like me to go to 39 weeks to minimize any possibility that his lungs may be immature. The decision is a difficult one - induction vs. c section. I am very anxious about being induced and going through a long labor and have him get "stuck" or distressed and end up with a c section anyways. His belly is measuring way big at 41 weeks which could mean big shoulders which could cause issues. So, we have decided to schedule the c section for now, it just seems like the safest choice right now. I struggle with this decision and may change my mind, but I just want him here in the safest, quickest way possible. So looks like his birthday is maybe going to be November 28th - that is if things don't happen on their own sooner.
It is hard to believe in less than 2 weeks and I will finally be a mom. :) Oh and I didn't mention we saw long hair on the ultrasound today - literally flowing around in the fluid. I can't wait to meet this little cutie. <3 We are growing more excited and less anxious with each passing day...
I am continually praying for you all. I think you made the best decision, you have waited so long for this gift, best for you and him to be safe. Hang in there, the light is shining at the end of the tunnel. xoxo
ReplyDeleteThere is a tremendous amount of prayer going on for Baby Veh and everyone can see it is working! I, as Grandmama, have prayed for a full healing in the womb as I am sure many others have. So this news is so encouraging - all glory to God! Please keep him and his Mama safe, Lord .... amen.
ReplyDeleteGlad for the great news, positive appointment, and tentative date!
ReplyDeleteYour posts are filled with hope - thank you for letting us be a part of your journey. You made the right decision for him - safer is better. I'm anxiously awaiting the call from Sherman that your on your way to the hospital! And so glad to hear your anxiety is being replaced by excitement - the first time you look at him you'll be overwhelmed with a sense of love that will sustain you in the months to come.
ReplyDeleteLis, Jenn just filled me in on what you and Sherman are going through. I will keep you and Baby V in my prayers. If you have any questions about c-sections, let me know. :)
ReplyDelete