I had more appointments at UW today, and I got lots of information. I actually was able to see Dr. Edith Cheng today who is a top Perinatologist and she runs the department up at UW. She was awesome....down to earth, positive, and informative. She also had the head Pediatrician meet with us so we could anticipate the process for baby's birth and plan of care. They both reassured me that our baby could be totally fine, but they will plan for any possibility and an entire team will be there for his birth.
We set up the details of my c-section and I went over education with the nurse.
She also did a NST - afterwards Dr. Cheng came in and said, "wow you are having some big contractions, I think we better check you." I was surprised as last week as was totally closed still despite lots of contractions...well I was even more surprised when she said, "baby's head is right there, your cervix is very soft, very short, and dilated 3-4 cm." Huh?
So, this baby may not stay in until Monday...we will have to wait and see. But isn't it so fitting that as soon as we all decide on a plan we feel comfortable with things change? Such is life! So we will wait and see, but any signs of labor and I need to head up to Seattle to L&D. We would proceed "naturally" from there and come up with a "back up plan."
We will keep people posted...wish us luck!
Luck! <3
ReplyDeleteYES! Great news!!! I'll be thinking about you guys. This is such an amazing and exciting time. Wishing you a smooth labor/deliver & everything else.
ReplyDeleteI am getting tears just reading this, today is Katelyn's first birthday and as I think back to that day I can only tell you that you two are going to be so in love the moment you see him. I can't wait to hear the news of his birth, I will be praying for all. xoxo
ReplyDelete