That's right it's open enrollment time! Time to get out all the insurance plan pamphlets and online literature and try to make the best possible decision for your health for the next year. Every year we review each other's plans and try to decide if it is better to go solo or pair up our insurance plans. Trying to find an insurance plan that covers ANY infertility is like pulling teeth.
I work for a Catholic company so even though my insurance plan states they cover fertility treatments including IVF - read the fine print people...the church does not believe in any conception outside the body therefore they do NOT cover any procedures. BUT, they have covered work up, diagnosis, and ultrasounds - which adds up. Just my consultation appt. and ultrasound a few weeks ago was almost $600!!!
So far it is looking like going solo is still the best decision for us. I emailed my insurance company to see how much of the $15K lifetime max benefit for infertility I have left...they said "we show you have used $0." Oh, why thank you. Thank to whoever billed my insurance for all those thousands of dollars of tests, ultrasounds, and consultation appointments. :)
Now my medication insurance was a bit less of a surprise - I've used $3500 of the $5k lifetime max for fertility drugs...
Hoping it all works itself out...being a grown up is so overrated.
Isn't it awful that they'll pay for that little blue pill for men but not infertility??? We didn't get a SINGLE CENT paid for us! All of the tests, drugs, and 15 IUI's really added up. BUT, I wouldn't change a thing.
ReplyDeleteUggh, I can't imagine not having ANY coverage. I should feel blessed to have partial coverage. We have paid SO much over the last couple of years, it is mind blowing. I know one day it will be worth it...
ReplyDelete