Thursday, November 11, 2010

Half of My Heart



The saying, "your better half" is thrown around lightly, but I feel blessed to say that is how I truly feel. My partner in crime has gone away to Virginia for 4-6 weeks for work and I already miss him dearly. I do feel that half of my heart is gone. We have been together for so many years, essentially grew up together, so when he is gone his absence is sorely felt.

He is "my better half" for so many reasons and here is just a few...

~ He doesn't let the little stuff bring him down.
~ He loves me whole heartedly, and he NEVER lets me forget it.
~ He rarely complains (and yes I know I make up for his lack in this department).
~ He can make me and everyone else for that matter laugh at ANYtime.
~ He is truly my best friend.
~ He can fix ANYTHING. Really he can. He's magic.
~ He is the calm in our storm.
~ He gives great hugs (and LOVES to cuddle).
~ He's up for just about ANY adventure.
~ He is 10x's more patient than I am (maybe more).
~ He's warm at night.

I just love him.

They say distance makes the heart grow fonder...I don't love this statement, because I know from experience that it can also cause pain. However, I do know that any hardship reminds us of how precious our loved ones are and how fast life can pass us by. And that is something we cannot forget...

No comments:

Post a Comment