Thursday, December 16, 2010

East Coast in the Fall



I have been MIA for a while simply due to the whirlwind of a life I've been living! I would never complain about traveling though as it is in my heart (and blood - thank you Mom) and there is nothing I enjoy more. The East coast is so full of history and charm, and in the fall colors are all aglow.



Over Thanksgiving I headed east to Baltimore where I stayed with my stepsisters Gina and Lauren, met up with my Dad and stepmother Barbara and reunited with my long lost hubby! What a fun day! The boys took charge and deep fried the turkey - what an adventure! It was nearly a flop when the pot started leaking, but the men hunted down a new set and the result was divine! The boys were so proud.









I also got to meet the latest addition to the family, Jackson Charles Calvert. What a blond bruiser! Love at first sight.



We were able to head to the city, D.C. one day and visit some of the beautiful memorials, the White House, and The Smithsonian. Nothing makes you feel more patriotic then a stroll around our capitol. How blessed we are to be born into this great country of ours - and what a wonderful poignant realization to have on Thanksgiving weekend.









A night out on the town in the charming Alexandria, Virginia will never be forgotten. A little pub crawling, some Irish singing, a bit of dancing, and memories for life.








We also were able to fit in a day in Annapolis, Maryland. The Naval Academy is so beautiful and holds so much heritage for my family so it was very special to visit with my Dad.









Sherman and I then headed back to his "home" in Greenbriar, Virginia. We drove the Colonial Highway but missed some of the sites but just a few minutes (they close at 4?). We visited Virginia Beach while there and just got to catch up with each other. Next time we would love to see some more of the historical sites.



It was a wonderful week full of good food, wine, love and great memories to cherish forever. I feel so blessed to have such a loving family who honestly cares about us and our dreams. I know we will always have their support and we could not ask for more than what we have. It was a great way to kick off the holiday season 2010.

1 comment:

  1. You captured your trip so well in such beautiful and creative pictures! And I love the new look of your blog!

    ReplyDelete