Friday, May 14, 2010

Back to Reality...

...that is our IVF reality.

After a much needed break ( I can't believe it has been over 2 months), we are ready to move forward with our IVF journey. I started meds today for our Frozen Embryo Transfer (FET) cycle. Baseline ultrasound and blood work say all is a go and my body and ready to get this show on the road! I also am back in Acupuncture and started herbs again yesterday.

This time around we are very blessed to have left over embryos from our fresh IVF cycle, so it will be a lot less time and stress on my body, and a lot less cash to come up with. I basically take estrogen pills for the next 2 weeks to build up my lining, I then will add in Prednisone and the dreaded Progesterone in Oil (PIO) shots (not looking forward to this). If all goes well my lining will look good and fertile on CD 19 and we can thaw and transfer a few of our babies in. And you'll never guess when that is...Memorial Day weekend. That's right another holiday on bed rest...sacrifices.

Praying that one sticks this time! After our 2 month break and a hiatus from reality, I am feeling positive again and think this will be it!

3 comments:

  1. YAY! Thanks for updating, We'll be praying of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you are moving forward with your FET ;) Praying this is IT for you!

    ReplyDelete