Nine months in to nine months out. The human body is a truly amazing thing. To think just 18 months ago you were the size of an apple seed and we had just found out that you were going to exist. Now at nine months old you most certainly are your own little person. You have blossomed into a social butterfly just like your dad - oh such a charmer! You make all the ladies melt. We are constantly told to put you into modeling by friends and strangers alike. Your pictures don't hold a candle though to you in person where your sweet light really makes you glow. At your nine month appointment (which was a week early) you impressed the doctor by meeting all your milestones - it's been a busy month of learning!
- Baby's Weight: 21 lbs 3 oz
- Baby's Height: 28.5 inches
- What size of clothing does baby wear?:18 month/12-18 months
- Any milestones baby reached during the month: SO many! I am crawling!! I can say a few words including "Mama" (over and over again often in the middle of the night), "Da" for daddy, "Bah" for ball and "Nigh Nigh." I've said "daw" to Tanner just twice and say "fff" like "woof" when I see her as well. I just got my sixth tooth. And I can get from lying to sitting to almost standing. It is all happening very quickly. You also really like standing and practice walking with assistance all the time. In fact the last week your stiffen up your legs and refuse to sit. You can cruise for just a couple of steps when mommy lets you. I think walking is not to far in the distant future. I can also feed myself really well - I have an awesome pincher grasp.
- Special outings baby had during the month: A quick trip up to Washington to see my cousins and friends. We had lots of play dates and no one could believe how much I had changed already.
- What are your thoughts about the past month?: This is getting really, really fun! And life is certainly easier than life with a newborn. You make me love being a mom. You make Daddy and I laugh all day, every day. And you know it! I miss you when you sleep and can't wait to pick you up from the crib and get that tight signature hug of yours. You are my best buddy.
- What was baby's routine?: Following the 2-3-4 schedule still, but your age allows for some extensions. You tolerate being awake for longer when out and about. As long as there is someone or something to watch you are happy. And are always the hit of the party wherever we go.
- Reflect about the highlights of the month: Hearing you say, "mamamama." My heart literally swelled so big that it ached in my chest and I instantly got tears. I thought you had said it a few times before, but one morning you did it while lying next to me and I sat up so straight and when you saw how happy I was and just lit up. You love pleasing us. You have become such a ham and have developed this amazing "cheesy cheese" smile. You squish up your nose, squint your eyes, and show all your teeth with your head tipped back. You do this for pictures, when pleased with something, and as soon as your Daddy walks in the door from work. It is endearing and one of my favorite things you do right now, but it just can't beat you saying my name reaching for me.
- What are baby's favorites?: BALLS! From a wool dryer ball to a soccer ball, I am obsessed. I often fall asleep holding one and will play with an old rubber ball over any other flashy, noisy toy. The other day I awoke from my nap asking for a "bah" then I sat and played ball all by myself. Completely content. And my throwing skills are actually very impressive. My favorite book right now is "Pat the Bunny" and it is so sweet to watch you act out each page. Mommy's favorite is when you look in the mirror and press your little face all the way into the page and smile. And other than that it is pretty much anything that ISN'T a toy - cords, phones, anything dangerous...yup, that would be my favorite. That and poor Tanner, she just can't catch a break now that I am mobile!
Favorite Food: Puffs! I am obsessed.

Favorite Food: Puffs! I am obsessed.
Totally teared up when reading this! Growing so fast and the joy he gives you is so apparent! Hugs to both of you!
ReplyDelete