The room formerly known as "the guest room" or "the blue room:"

Another view (note the adorable bouncy seat we just purchased):

It's now painted this nice shade of aqua "Tropical Lagoon" by Glidden:

This shade of "aqua" was quite the challenge to agree on. I will say that marriage is all about compromise and nothing tests that more than the aisles of Home Depot.
As far as bedding goes...well, we still haven't decided on this one. I hate most crib sets. No monkeys, teddy bears, ABC's, etc. for me. Sorry folks, no offense meant, it's just not my style. I want something modern that ties in aqua, orange, and gray. I haven't found much (for under about $400) and have considered getting fabric or buying it off Etsy.
I REALLY like it. Super cute in book and I am really into the aqua and orange look for little boys. I am sure whatever you pick it will be adorable since you have great taste!
ReplyDeleteI like it, but I really love the idea of using your own fabric! Lucy's room is almost that exact same color (in fact that was one of the sample colors we put up). I knew I didn't want a fabric bumper (I got a white mesh breathable bumper) and I got several solid colored crib sheets. I used fabric to make her crib skirt, window coverings, and pillows for the rocking chair and twin bed. There are SO many more choices that aren't babyish!!!
ReplyDeleteOn a side note, when we first painted and the room was empty except a white twin sized bed in the middle of the room it reminded me of a room in a mental hospital in a horror movie from the 60's! Now that we have all of her stuff and the pops of magenta, yellow, and a little orange and green we LOVE it!!!
Also... I blogged about our paint color "discussions" too. We often don't agree and so far I think I've been right all but once. ;)
ReplyDeleteThanks Toni and Julie - I keep going back and forth, back and forth. I just thought it would be difficult to find fabric that I LOVE.
ReplyDeleteJulie - I love your nursery colors and fabric choices...where did you shop for fabric?
OH and Julie - how did you make your window treatment? I am so not crafty....
ReplyDelete