Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Nursery Progress.

Planning a gender neutral nursery is much more difficult than I had anticipated. Initially I thought I wanted all shades of white, gray, taupe and gold and then I began seeing navy nurseries and thought this is my chance for a navy room. I love navy, but our house is small and the opportunity had not arisen yet (our last home's powder room was navy - loved it).

So I decided on navy, white and gold and then when baby is born we will add coral for a girl and emerald green for a boy.

Sounds easy enough...

Until you go on Pinterest and find world's hardest paint job and make your husband try and duplicate (silly me thought it would be better than wallpaper)...






Phew! That was a doozy, so glad that's over! My husband rocked it - even though it took 3 weekends...

Then you buy gold spray paint - the best discovery FYI - and spray everything that isn't moving...





I'm not kidding. So far it's shelf brackets, a table, a mirror,  a lamp, and this guy who I'm kinda in love with.



AND that's it for now.  Well we have an antique dresser we scored on CL for $35 that is primed, but will have coral or green paint to finish it.

No I'm serious...we have 3 weeks until D day and we still have so much to do. Bookshelves to put together, curtains to hang, frames to assemble. It's all there sitting in the room, but these parents need time and energy to compile it. Yikes. Am I anxious? You better believe it. Sooo, wish us luck in the home stretch.


1 comment:

  1. Love it! :) Can't wait to see it complete once baby arrives. And I love that owl too!

    ReplyDelete