Sunday, April 13, 2014

No 2 Pregnancies Alike?

So the gender mystery IS suddenly driving me crazy.

Time has been passing by pretty quickly and I've looked forward to that moment of birth so much when we finally know...but now as I sit squarely in the 3rd Trimester time is passing slowly. Painfully slow. 7 1/2 more weeks I tell my self (and I often round up to make myself feel better). As I make decisions about the nursery and wash gender neutral clothes in my attempt to nest I feel anxious at my level of unpreparedness.

What do I think??

I've always thought it was a boy...I just have always imagined 2 sons. The pregnancy has been similar in most ways BUT I've suddenly had this feeling it just might be a little girl...I thought it would be fun to list out the similarities and differences in my 2 pregnancies...

I know. I know...no 2 pregnancies are alike, BUT play along.


"Morning Sickness" (or as I call it ALL day and worse at night sickness).

I think it was about the same in the beginning, but ended more suddenly and a wee bit earlier. I was on Zofran almost daily for 17 weeks with Ronan and stopped throwing up at 19-20 weeks (it then came back and was intermittent in my 3rd trimester). With this little one it started a little earlier, but improved significantly by 16/17 weeks. And I've only thrown up a couple times after that point (knock on wood). Sherman, my only witness, thinks it is much better overall this pregnancy. Could it be I've just controlled my blood sugars earlier???

Gestational Diabetes:

Yep, had it both times. #2 is harder to manage. I'm on a very strict diet. Also have high amniotic fluid again.

Heart Rate:

Usually in 140's with Ronan, but it is a bit higher with this one. 160's until the last couple months, now still in mid 150's. Hmm....

Activity level:

This baby seems more active. Lord, help me!

Contractions:

Having a ton this pregnancy - earlier and maybe more even than last, BUT I can get them to stop with stopping activity, etc. Clearly not working 12 hours in the ER makes a huge difference here.

Hair/Nails (& skin):

Great with Ronan, not so great with this one. Skin is A LOT worse too. More acne and hyper pigmentation this time around. :(

Emotions

A bit more crazy with this one...am I just more tired, caring for a toddler too??

Size:

BIG. Both big, in the 90-95th percentile already, but #2 hasn't been quite as large in measurements (at least, not yet).

So, as time passes and my indecisiveness grows, so does baby's wardrobe. I've picked up a few gender neutral items and yes some pink...

UGH, I can't wait to find out! That is going to be one crazy, AMAZING moment!


Here I am at 27 weeks in 3D...aren't I adorable? And maybe look just a little like my big brother? ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment