Transitions. It seems like our life is full of them right now.
From the bite of the crisp air outside and the drizzle of rain on the window pane, to a new career path for me, and a child moving into another year and stage of life.
The weather feels good. I am enjoying the fire being on, candles being lit, and the excitement of the occasional storm. I will miss the sun, but Fall has never felt better. I was ready. (We shall see how I feel about this after another month of gray days...).
I have left my bedside nursing job after 10 years to take on the Educator position in the ER. I am thrilled. A part time administrative position - they usually don't exist. I was gifted one. It is the perfect way to keep connected to my team, keep my feet somewhat in the clinical world yet obtain growth and that ever desired awesome, family friendly schedule that will keep me home every holiday, every year. And that is priceless.
I cut off my hair and dyed it dark. Wasn't sad. Was just ready for the change.
Ronan will be 2 in less than 2 months. Well this is of course a little hard for me, but he is turning into such a little character and watching him change and grow every day is so rewarding that I wouldn't want to hold him back another day. (Again we shall see how I feel about this when the end of November rolls around).
But today, I am not nervous or sad. I have a full heart. I feel blessed. And I am excited for all the new things to come on our journey.
So roll on transitions, and here we go onto the next chapter...
No comments:
Post a Comment