Tuesday, September 14, 2010

The heat is on!


Love that 80's beat..
but seriously the heat is on at our little home on the island. Meaning that Sherm and I have started an intense workout routine and nutrition plan to get in shape. Now let me just start by saying I haven't worked out (at ALL) since before our first IVF last January. I finally am free of the severe nerve pain from my shots and am able to jog without exquisite pain. Woo hoo!

Great news, but it means it's time to get serious and lose the 7 lbs. that have been hanging on since my last IVF cycle. The scale just wouldn't budge (which could be because of the copious amounts of alcohol consumed since June, but I highly doubt that), so I said to my husband, "yeah, I will totally do P90x with you."

FAMOUS LAST WORDS.

Seriously 90 days of 1-1.5 hour long workouts that make you want to cry and then throw up? 90 days of 1 carb a day? What the hell have I done?

Well, let me just be honest and say that I have already had one complete meltdown in week 1. I was just so hungry and physically exhausted after working for 12.5 hours, sore from head to toe from the tortuous workouts, and had just listened to 4 pregnant women go on and one about the joys of life...I just wanted a damn glass of wine. No protein bars. No more water. And definitely no nausea provoking, leg jello-ing workout!

Well so I took the granted 1 night off for the week - for the sake of my mental health and my marriage and I had 1 glass of wine and watched a movie -and got right back into it the next day.

I keep telling myself, "this will totally be worth the sacrifice, when you are one hot piece of ass."

Fast forward to 1 week later and Sherm just had to say, "I've lost 4 lbs already." Awesome - it works! I'm up next. One week of complete sacrifice and pain. Onto the scale I Go...and drumroll please!!

0.2 lbs.

Yes, 0.2. Not 2. 0.2

That is like a sip of water.

Really? Life is so unfair.

2 comments:

  1. I did it for 4 weeks and lost 7.2 inches... and i cried in the first week... twice! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Gosh, that is such an encouragement Erin! I am so worried this isn't going to pay off after all this work. Then I am like how am I going to keep it off?!

    ReplyDelete